- To stabilize heated using a halogen heater, margin of two times or three times is required.
- The heater controller should select what has the capability equal or more than heater rating.
- To heat the object in any temperature, feedback control is required.
Installation of temperature controller is required for feedback control.
Feedback control using a radiation thermometer (pyrometer) is used for radiant heating, such as a halogen heater.
There is also a control which uses a thermocouple.
- As described in “1-5 Precautions for Use“, slow start feature is required because there is a large rush power halogen heater.
- Cooling function is required as described in “2-6 Water-cooled and the temperature of the base” and “3-6 Water-cooled and the temperature of the base“, since then heated using a large power halogen heater.
Moreover, the monitor which supervises that the cooling function is operating normally is also required.
- As described in “2-7 Lamp life” and “3-7 Lamp life“, halogen heater will extention life 300% if it use lower 10% rated voltage.
It is necessary for the long life, it is equipped with a voltage regulation function.
- Since a halogen heater has a design life, it needs a disconnection alarm function because of lamp replacement, as “2-7 Lamp life” and “3-7 Lamp life” explained.
- When using it in the production line, in order to adjust to the field in local mode, the adjustment after the end of the centralized control, a remote control function is required.
Home / Halogen Point Heater / Basic knowledge of Halogen heater / 4.Halogen Heater Controller / 4-1.Required for a halogen heater controller